Pro Ethical Trade Finland (Eettisen kaupan puolesta ry – Eetti) is a non-profit organisation that promotes trade justice, sustainable value chains and ethical consumption.
Our goal is to create a social movement that encourages people to take action for just world trade and raise awareness amongst youth on ethical consumerism.
At Eetti we:
- Investigate how responsible Finnish companies are regarding human rights and the environment and promote sustainable business through public campaigns and dialogue with companies.
- Raise awareness and participate in public discourse on problems in global supply chains and on ways to overcome them.
- Advocate for legislation that mandates companies to respect human rights in their operations.
- Visit schools and strengthen critical thinking and media literacy amongst young people, for example through our popular subvertisement workshops.
- Offer free training materials for educators.
- Train volunteers and activists.
- Promote responsible public procurement and advocate cities to adopt the status of Fair Trade cities.
- Organise events and actions locally across Finland
If you are interested in getting involved in Eetti’s local events in Helsinki, Tampere, Rovaniemi, Turku or Joensuu, contact email@example.com.
Eetti is an open membership organisation. Anyone interested in trade justice can join Eetti. The membership fees in 2020 are:
- Standard membership fee: 25 euros
- Reduced membership fee for students, pensioners and unemployed persons: 15 euros
- Family membership: 40 euros
- Supporter membership fee: minimum of 100 euros
membership benefits in 2020
- 5 procent discount in Ruohonjuuri and Ekolo shops
- 10 procent discount on Cimos- and Tauko Design products
- 10 procent discount on lunch in Roots Kitchen Turku and Helsinki Hakaniemi
- Financial support in travel and training costs in Eetti’s events.
- Possibility to influence Eetti’s work.
If you would like to get involved in school visits, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an independent organisation we rely on private donations and membership fees. You can support our work towards ending corporate practices that harm people and the environment. You can choose a one-off donation or monthly donation here.